Cocktail Lab Part 1
Here at Kingpin we know that turning a social event into something special is the key to any good outing and that Bowling, Laser & a session in the Arcades can really work up a sweat. But luckily we have always had the skills to quench a thirst and with a fully stocked bar and some skilled cocktail curators we can take your event to the next level.
Let us show you how we hand craft our favourite signature cocktails as part of the Kingpin Cocktail Lab and if you have ever wanted to get the inside tips and tricks to whip them up at your next party, our handy guide can help you along. Don't forget to keep an eye on our What's On page to see what's hot and coming up at a Kingpin venue near you.
Check out part 1 below, featuring our Spiced Moijito.
To start with, you will need a bartender’s arsenal so you can have the right tools for the job. We suggest the following:
- Martini Glass – 220ml
- Hurricane -460ml
- Round Tumbler- 405ml
- Shot Glass- 30ml
- Jam Jar- 400ml
- Carafe- 1L
- Bar Spoon- A long stemmed spoon perfect for stirring and layering drinks
- Cocktails Shaker- A two-piece part of equipment comprising of a glass part and a stainless steel tin to shake cocktails in.
- Hawthorn Strainer- A simple strainer that fits onto the steel part of your shaker
- Muddler- A long plastic or wooden rolling pin to muddle fruit
- Measurers & Pourers- Controls the accuracy and measurements of your pour.
- 45ml Captain Morgan Spiced Rum
- 30ml Lime Juice
- 15ml Sugar Syrup
- 8-12 Mint Leaves
- 1 Scoop of ice
- Top with Soda Water
- Slap the mint and place all ingredients expect soda water into the shaker and shake
- Pour into a glass, top with soda and garnish with mint
Make sure to check out Part 2 on our Latest News page.