Guide To A Successful Valentine's Day
Here at Kingpin we’ve put together some tricks and tips to make your Valentine’s date a successful one. Whether you are a Husband, Wife, Friend, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, Father, Mother, Grandpa, Grandma, or you’ve just swiped right last week – we’re here for you!
Valentine’s Day Tips:
- Instead of the usual chocolates and flowers try a gift that is more expressive of your love and care; such as a poem, a song, a hand-made card.
- Break from the norm and give your date an experience like, dare we say it, Kingpin.
- Put the phone down! Concentrate all your attention to your loved one and save the hashtags, selfies, snapchats, check-ins, likes, acronyms, networking, posts, blogs, cat pics and tweets for another time.
- Share your feelings. Express how you feel about your loved one and let them know in real words, not with an emoji.
- Take your loved one to a day spa and relax and unwind together before you head out. That will make you feel refreshed to get that high score on basketball at Kingpin!
How to impress your date:
- Be yourself!
- Lead the conversation, plan topics that you both might find interesting.
- Take pride in your appearance. Turning up looking sharp. Dress to impress.
- Who said chivalry is dead? Be respectful, and polite while with your date.
- Compliments go a long way. Who doesn’t feel good when someone says something nice about you?
- Put thought into the date and plan ahead. Check out review websites for restaurants and even Facebook pages.
- Phone ahead to Kingpin and ask for tips and tricks on how to win more of those precious Powertickets and give your date their pick of prizes.
Why date night at Kingpin is good for your relationship:
No more will you be sitting awkwardly in front of someone at dinner trying to think of something witty to say. No more will you be sitting next to that special someone silently in the cinema thinking whether you should hold their hand or offer them the popcorn bucket. Kingpin will have you and your loved one relaxed and smiling as you bowl the night away, team up in laser tag and even win that plushie in the claw machine. You never know, you could even walk away with a new PlayStation or entertainment system!
Not only does your true self come out while having fun at Kingpin but it can actually be good for you. Exercise your brain while you smash that button and try and pick up as many cherries as possible in Pac-Man. Get in some last-minute exercise on Dance Dance Revolution and show off your amazing dancing skills! Some also say playing games slows down aging, so uh if that’s not reason enough to take your date to Kingpin, what is we ask!?
And finally, to make your Valentine’s Day even happier in 2019, we’ve hidden a Love Voucher in every Kingpin venue, and if you find one you’ll receive a $100 gift card – the hunt is on!